FABEN Obstetrics and Gynecology is a unique OB/GYN in Jacksonville, FL, that is dedicated to women at all stages of life, from adolescence through childbearing years and menopause. We are women obstetricians and gynecologists that care for women patients. Those who come to us receive quality care in a spa-like setting where they are listened to, appreciated, and nurtured. At FABEN, questions are encouraged, relationships are important, and patient convenience is always a priority. We take the time to get to know the women we serve and to fully explain the risks and benefits of all treatments and procedures.
COVID-19 is a new virus and we are still learning how it spreads, the severity of illness it causes, and to what extent it will spread in the United States. We remain committed to staying up to date on the latest information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic in accordance with CDC guidance. At this time, as we have no proven treatment for the virus, the only way we can fight it is to limit the spread by preventing contact between people as much as possible.
FABEN has implemented the following changes in order to protect you and our staff:
- Temperature checks will be performed upon arrival at the office.
- Patient rooms are thoroughly sanitized between each patient.
- We are prescreening our patients prior to visits and anyone with, but not limited to the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle/body aches, headache, the new loss of taste/smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, or anyone who has a recent known exposure to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 will be rescheduled. Please call us ahead of your visit if you have any symptoms on the list.
- We are currently only allowing patients themselves to visit the office. The only exception is one support person over the age of 18 for obstetric ultrasounds.
Telemedicine appointments are available.
What to do if you have symptoms of COVID-19
- Gynecology patients—immediately self-isolate and follow precautions given by the CDC at www.cdc.gov. We recommend COVID-19 testing and please contact our office if you have been seen recently.
- Obstetric patients—call our office and talk to a nurse so that we may guide you on appropriate next steps
- We do not currently have in-office testing
We know these are stressful and trying times, and we are here to support you through this. As the knowledge we obtain evolves, so too will our processes, procedures, and recommendations. We will do our best to keep you informed. Please reach out to our staff if you have further questions or concerns.